Huh, my 300SD antenna replacement unit (powered etc) was only $40.  Was this
a different part - i.e, is there a separate motor that is more or something?
It was the antenna itself that was broken/wouldn't retract btw.  This was
definitely from M-B, as it came in with a $120 repair kit for the vacuum
pump - which is a lot to ask for a set of O rings - yeah yeah, welcome to
Mercedes....