BTW, does Ford still make a crew cap pickup with an 8-foot cargo bed? "My" 77 Ford crew cab pickup in Greenland had such a bed - that truck was LONG; 'felt like it needed hinges in the middle for turning sharp corners.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Bennell" <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2015 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mercedes pickup

On 27/03/2015 10:30 AM, Andrew Strasfogel wrote:
I have two T wagons that are way prettier as well as more practical than a
silly PU truck.  Together they have covered over 640,000 miles.

Andrew
1983 300TD  342,000 miles
1985 300TD  295,000 miles

Do you have a utility trailer like Wilton and a hitch on the back of at least one of those wagons? If not, I assume I could out haul you with my pickup truck without much trouble. Try putting a full size refrigerator in the back of your wagon - or maybe a box spring and mattress etc. I truly believe that the full sized crewcab pickup trucks that have been produced over the last 15 years or so are the best vehicles on the road.
Fast, quiet, utilitarian etc.

RB