That airplane was parked at the W Lafayette (Purdue) airport. Apparently it was owned by the Purdue Research Foundation and leased to Playboy/Hef, which was kind of a weird deal. It sat there most of the time, next to our (Aero/Astro School) hangar, occasionally we would see pilots come and get it to go somewhere, it would be gone for a few days then come back and sit again for extended periods. We always wanted a tour but never happened. There are probably pics of it somewhere on the tubes -- I might have some pics of it on the ramp, tucked away in a box somewhere. We always wondered too if just sitting there was good for the airplane, it never moved or was started up or cleaned or anything except for these sojourns.

--R