I did see (forget where - DARN!) my childhood hero  (Dr. Werner von Braun,
chief architecht of US rocket program,  specifically the fabulous Saturn V (and
the Nazi V2 for that matter))  standing next to his ponton outside the Kennedy
(then Cape Canaveral)  main office building. Very cool picture. Perhaps the
greatest engineer  of all time drove a Benz. :-)

  P.S. learned a cool new German word: Racketenflugplatz - rocket  launching
field. Maybe I can label the 240D's section of the driveway  with that word.
HAHAHA!

  Chris

Alan Duff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  If you are looking for celebrity cars,
have a look at this one. Apparently
some old commie owned it and managed to outlive the Russian mafia.
http://tinyurl.com/bdxw3

Alan Duff
Knoxville,TN

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1992 Volkswagen Golf, diesel, 185K km, "Nanook"
-1987 300TD, 151K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 211K, "Wulf"
-1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"