On 08/04/2015 8:45 PM, Mountain Man wrote:
Grant wrote:
It's my take on the whole ongoing situation that we the Citizens need to
have a house cleaning and make the country work as designed. But, that
would require turning off the television and getting off our collective
asses.. What is the chance of that?
We can work this country the way it was designed - DIY.
We don't need to wait for some collective - DIY.
I don't wait for collective to fix my W123 - I DIY whatever needs to
be accomplished.  I can do the same for what ails the current goings
on in this country.
TV is a problem.  TV and talk-radio are fodder for hand-wringers.
None of the talking heads want fix, they like the fill between the $$
advertisements.  Media needs to be put out to pasture - all of it.
We can fix this country.  Each of us DIY sans media.  Intelligence
rules.  DIY rules.
mao

How many so called "normal" people do you currently know who do anything for themselves? I cannot really think of anyone I know that does much of anything for themselves any more.
They hire someone to do everything.
My niece and her husband just bought a house with the assistance of my sister and her husband. My sister painted a little bit and then announced they were hiring a painter to do the rest because it was too difficult. The kids, both in their mid 20's are school teachers and apparently unable to do even basic things like paint the interior of their new home.
My sister's take on it is that they are "too busy".
If you don't have the energy and drive to do basic stuff when you are young what hope is there that you will do things like that later in life?

RB