I'm firmly entrenched in the Millenial world (after 45 years, everyone is catching up to me). I'm quite satisfied with my 2004 VW Golf -- 45 plus mpg on my routine commute, very low emissions for a diesel, and running strong at 125,000 miles.

The very last thing I want is a car that does 0-60 mph in 2 seconds -- it inevitably will be a fuel hog and I hate spending money on fuel, to say nothing of dumping huge amounts of carbon into the air.

I had my "fun" car, the 280 SE 4.5, and don't regret retiring it.

Peter