Yeah, it was quite the adventure!

This was the first trip I'd taken over 50 miles since getting it on the road. I
suppose it was quite a risk for a car that hadn't been driven in 14 years, but
I needed to put it through the gauntlet--it was also stag weekend, and my wife
"needed" the rover. I got a clean bill of health from my local shop, had a
gallon of Rotella, coolant, water, tools,

Anyhow, highway driving was pretty smooth, but couldn't really cruise past 70
unless on a slope. Floored it the whole way...

By the time we got to Bellaire, the hills just did us in. I finally puttered
into the driveway of the house we rented, and the car was begging for mercy. I
had to call up a local mechanic to source an alternator belt, as mine (only two
months old, which had been set and tightened a week later) was stretched so bad
I'm pretty lucky it didn't fall right off.

Topped off the oil, and she cranked right back up Monday am. So almost 1200 odd
miles later, we were back in Chitown. She's squealing pretty bad now while
idling, which I need to figure out... but I'm awfully proud that it held up as
well as it did. Almost thought I was going to bury her up in those mountains.

Darren Marshall, Co-Founder

doejo.com
doejo.com/space
bowtruss.com
aquanautbrew.com

> On May 7, 2015, at 8:52 PM, Michael Esh via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
>
> Bellaire, MI is just over 120 miles from my home.
>
> Michael E. Esh
> 231 286 2344
>

>> On May 3, 2015, at 2:47 PM, Mitch Haley via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> That's ski country, most of the way up to Boyne.
>> A bit far north for me, and I suspect for Mike Esh.
>>
>> Mitch.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This
disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender
immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete
this email from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are