I'll bet some of you know about the DICNAVAB, the Dictionary of Naval
Abbreviations.  That's right, there are so many, and the meanings are exact, so
we had to have our own official written guide to document them.  Hear or read a
new one?  You could look it up!

Imagine my horror at finding that my Army brethren had no such organization,
and everyone made up their own abbreviations.  One unit would have an
abbreviation for, let's say a particular piece of uniform clothing.  Next unit
would have a different abbreviation for that clothing, and use the first
abbreviation got something else.  Madness!
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC