The big advantage of LP is that it doesn't go bad, not in the tank or in the
engine.  Natural gas is way cheaper if available with slightly reduced
power.  LP prices are very volatile but you can stock up when prices are
low.  I consider LP ideal for a standby generator unless you happen to keep
a copious  supply of liquid fuel on hand for some other purpose.  Then there
is the issue of interfacing a generator with the household wiring.   I went
with a 15KV LP unit and one transfer switch that feeds one subpanel which
feeds all the backed-up loads.