Dave,

Thanks for the hint regarding the sunroof tools. I'm planing on having the car painted. Some months ago I posted the status of my 350SDL after an encounter with a discharge of sulfur dioxide. The refinery actually paid in full. Any hints on getting a good paint job will be appreciated.

I am still getting a low frequency rattle. It occurs only between 700 and 1000 rpm. I did replace the a/c clutch which had a bad bearing. At that time I discovered a leak from the tandem hydraulic pump. All of that is in order and functioning very well.

Another problem that developed is the kickdown function. I have 12 volts at the solenoid but have not tested the solenoid. The transmission is about 20,000 miles old. The bowden cable is set with a 1 mm slack.

All comments welcome.

Constantine