The wife’s 14” Core2Duo HP laptop has just about given up the ghost.  She
rarely uses it, but when she does, she needs it.  I don’t want to shell out
$400-$500 for a new laptop that’s going to get 1-2 hours of use a month, if
that.

If anyone has something laying around collecting dust that might meet this
requirement, drop me a note.  Likewise, I know a lot of people here use older
machines for their work, so if you know of a good place I could buy something
like this I’m all ears.  I’m looking to spend maybe $150-$200 if that’s
realistic.  Much more than that and I might as well buy a new low end machine.

Please, no suggestions about Linux/Ubuntu, etc. or other off the beaten path
approaches.  It’s Winders 7 and nothing else.  If I could I get her to use a
Mac, but that ain’t happening.

Thanks,

Dan