When I found it took a very long shop jack to reach the front lift point on the
Prius,
I bought a pair of ramps instead, centered them on the front wheels, drove up
on the ramps, put on the emergency brake, and then decided to move the car
further back in the shop.

When I had backed half way down the ramps with the emergency brake dragging,
both ramps shot out from under the wheels, knocking the woodworking bench down,
and kicking out one leg on the general purpose bench.
I sat there for a minute trying to figure out why the ramps kicked out with
such force, and then it dawned on me: Front wheel drive car after 40+ years of
working on rear wheel drive cars!
Fortunately there was was no significant damage.

Gerry...who has a long history of dumb tricks.

---