Hello Everyone,
I had a vacuum problem with my 240D.  The car would not shut doff unless the
rear drivers side door was locked.  It would not automatically lock when the
drivers door was locked.  If I pushed down the lock and let the vacuum build
back up the car would turn off normally.  I replaced the vacuum mechanism in
the door and now have no vacuum at all.  I switched the hoses and there is no
difference. Does anyone have experience with this?  Please let me know.
John I.
'83 240D   311K