'Hope the rest of her recovery goes well and quickly and your trips remain safe.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Craig" <diese...@pisquared.net>
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2015 7:19 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Shirley's mishaps [was: Re: Today's project]

On Sat, 30 May 2015 17:38:27 -0500 OK Don via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

Sorry, it does not sounds like Shirley is having a run of good luck. Is
this incident #3 ???

I guess it is incident #3.

- When we were in Carlsbad buying a truck, she tripped and knocked a
 tooth out,

- When she came down to pick me up in Albuquerque, she rolled the '95
 E320,

- After moving out of our house on 3 April as the new owners were moving
 in, we went to a local bed and breakfast for not quite two weeks. We
 then moved to a rental in a little community named El Rancho. The
 place was quite dirty and the landlord was long on promises and short
 on delivery, so we located our current rental, south-southeast of
 Santa Fe and moved here on 23 April. On 28 April, she was on a step
 stool putting things away in the cabinet over the stove. On the way
 down, she missed the bottom step and fell backward onto the saltillo
 tile floor. She was transported to St. Vincent Hospital in Santa Fe,
 where we found she had fractured her pelvis (right rami and right
 acetabular fractures). She was on a floor for three days and then was
 discharged from the floor and accepted into the Inpatient Rehabilitation
 Unit. She was there until 17 May, doing physical therapy for 2 hours/day
 and occupational therapy for 1 hour/day. Here at home, she has been
 getting in-home visits by a nurse, a physical therapist, and an
 occupational therapist. She has progressed significantly, with the
 nurse and occupational therapist saying they don't need to see her
 anymore.

 I started my class at CNM in Albuquerque on 26 May. I get up at 0420,
 leave the house at 0545, am in class 0700 - 1430, drive back home,
 doing any errands on the way, have dinner and do a little studying if
 I have time, and _try_ to get to bed at 2000.

So, it's a stressful time in our lives.

Craig