Coal is hardly "relatively...clean".  Where do you get such a wacky
notion?  And "inexpensive" only if you value clean air, water, and lung
health at zero dollars.

Nuclear is only "clean" if you discount the environmental effects of mining
and the carbon footprint of the U3O8 enrichment plants, and ignore the fact
that there is no long term solution in sight on where/how to handle the
waste.

Geothermal, wind, and solar are the cleanest by far.