But is one bulb is not of the factory specified type, the indicator stays on.

I do a pre-flight check when she goes out.

The dang S430 has messed up sensors and decides that I have blown bulbs. I changed the bulbs that have failed, but the thing still insists the bulbs are out. It depends on some ambiguous stray neutrino whether the indicator goes crazy clicking itself while the turn signal is blinking as expected. Contact cleaner, bulb grease and sanding the fitting does not help.

clay