The electric car is a wonderful thing except for the battery.  Some of the
earliest cars were electric.  When "batteries" are developed that hold the
equivalent of 10-20 gal of liquid hydrocarbonsat comparable weight and
volume and which can be recharged in a few minutes, then electric cars will
reign supreme.  Until then, not so much.  I put "battery" in quotes because
such a device will probably look nothing like the dissimilar
metal/electrolyte devices used today.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of clay
> via Mercedes
> Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2015 2:57 PM
> To: Mercedes Discussion List
> Cc: clay
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] EV Charging sans a cord
> 
> But both the Edsel and Delorean are sought after collectable cars.  I
doubt any
> of the current crop of plug in greenie weenie cars will be much sought
after.
> Not so sure todays kids will look back upon their time in a priapus the
way kids
> did 40 years ago with a VW Bug.
> 
> 
> clay
> 
> 2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
> 1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
> 1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
> 1972 220D - Gump - She was green, simple and ran
> 1995 E300D - Gave her life to save me against a Dame in a SUV POS 1987 SDL
-
> Beware Nigerian Scammers
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On Jun 2, 2015, at 7:55 AM, G Mann via Mercedes wrote:
> 
> > Curt,
> > All true, I did take a little artistic license on the Volt, but it is
> > such a handy whipping boy when it comes to the whole green machine
> > thing. Based on sales volume and public acceptance, it has been a
> stunning......
> > failure...
> >
> > Sort of like Edsel, or Delorian... grand idea, poor actual preformance
> > and return on investment.
> >
> > Still, I take your point, and will however keep owning diesels.
> > Grant...
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 7:35 AM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
> > mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Grant,
> >> As much as I like picking on the greenie weenies I think you may have
> >> missed the fact that the volt is a series hybrid, it has a gas engine
> >> so it can keep going when the battery dies.
> >>
> >> Actually in being a series hybrid I like it, conceptually anyway, a
> >> lot more than a parallel hybrid like the pious Prius. The fact that
> >> it can cover some mileage on just batteries makes it better as a
> >> plugin option for city folk that don't drive much.
> >>
> >>
> >> On the whole I'll keep my Jetta. In fact Angie is pushing me to find
> >> another...
> >>
> >>
> >> Curt
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
> >>
> >> From:"G Mann via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com> Date:Tue, Jun 2,
> >> 2015 at 10:22 AM
> >> Subject:Re: [MBZ] EV Charging sans a cord
> >>
> >> <<<<< And how far is that Starbucks?  ;<)
> >>
> >> Wilton >>>>> snip
> >>
> >> Wilton,
> >> The nearest Starbucks to El Rancho Playa Fin Del Mundo is  92 miles,
> >> so if I owned a Chevy Volt, I would only have to walk the last 47
> >> miles to buy that $9.00 latte`... Then of course, the tow bill to
> >> recover and recharge the Volt so I could drive it another 45 miles
> >> [with AC on full of course, since it was 107° here yesterday with
> >> ground temps measured at 138°] before abandoning it yet again.
> >>
> >> Hahaha.. Thanks just the same, I'll "plug in" my diesel.
> >>
> >> Grant...
> >>
> >>
> >> _______________________________________
> >> http://www.okiebenz.com
> >>
> >> To search list archives http://www.okiebenz.com/archive/
> >>
> >> To Unsubscribe or change delivery options go to:
> >> http://mail.okiebenz.com/mailman/listinfo/mercedes_okiebenz.com
> >>
> >> _______________________________________
> >> http://www.okiebenz.com
> >>
> >> To search list archives http://www.okiebenz.com/archive/
> >>
> >> To Unsubscribe or change delivery options go to:
> >> http://mail.okiebenz.com/mailman/listinfo/mercedes_okiebenz.com
> >>
> >>
> > _______________________________________
> > http://www.okiebenz.com
> >
> > To search list archives http://www.okiebenz.com/archive/
> >
> > To Unsubscribe or change delivery options go to:
> > http://mail.okiebenz.com/mailman/listinfo/mercedes_okiebenz.com
> >
> 
> _______________________________________
> http://www.okiebenz.com
> 
> To search list archives http://www.okiebenz.com/archive/
> 
> To Unsubscribe or change delivery options go to:
> http://mail.okiebenz.com/mailman/listinfo/mercedes_okiebenz.com


_______________________________________
http://www.okiebenz.com

To search list archives http://www.okiebenz.com/archive/

To Unsubscribe or change delivery options go to:
http://mail.okiebenz.com/mailman/listinfo/mercedes_okiebenz.com

Reply via email to