On 03/06/2015 1:39 PM, fmiser via Mercedes wrote:
Curly wrote:

It is not a pretty car.
The paint is dead, so I have 2 candidates for
Curt to apply a roller paint job, if I could only get him
here to do it.

I don't even own a paint sprayer, other than for latex
house paint.  (airless)
Hmm.  If a house paint roller will work for painting a car -
what about a house paint airless sprayer to paint a car...

Just sayin'...

The rollers are usually the small foam rollers.
I have not painted a car with them but have had reasonable luck on things like a big tank on an air compressor and the upper half of an aluminum boat. I did not thin the paint quite enough on the air tank and it has an appearance of orange peel like a course spray job but it is much better than it would likely be if I had done it with a brush.
Rustoleum type paint called Tremclad in Canada.

RB