      From: Randy Bennell via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
 Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2015 3:08 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Paint - was: 124 wagon water woe

On 03/06/2015 1:39 PM, fmiser via Mercedes wrote:
>> Curly wrote:
>>
>> It is not a pretty car.
>> The paint is dead, so I have 2 candidates for
>> Curt to apply a roller paint job, if I could only get him
>> here to do it.
>>
>> I don't even own a paint sprayer, other than for latex
>> house paint.  (airless)
> Hmm.  If a house paint roller will work for painting a car -
> what about a house paint airless sprayer to paint a car...
>
> Just sayin'...

The rollers are usually the small foam rollers.
I have not painted a car with them but have had reasonable luck on
things like a big tank on an air compressor and the upper half of an
aluminum boat.
I did not thin the paint quite enough on the air tank and it has an
appearance of orange peel like a course spray job but it is much better
than it would likely be if I had done it with a brush.
Rustoleum type paint called Tremclad in Canada.

RB