In '75, we had a problem of moisture making its way through concrete slab in George Air Force Base laundry - in Mojave Desert. For MANY years, paint, epoxy, etc., etc., would not stay on it. "My guys" (civil engineering painters) took me to see it and asked if I might have any suggestions. The painted surface had little bubbles (some not so little) all over it. Guess what I found when I broke a few of the bubbles - yep - water. I told 'em, "Let me think about it coupla days." 'Just happened to go to Sears in Victorville that evening. 'Walked into the appliance/tools area and suddenly had the answer - the area had indoor/outdoor carpet on the floor! 'Next day I told "my guys,"Scrape the paint off the floor and install indoor/outdoor carpet of appropriate color and texture." Shonuff - problem solved!

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curly McLain via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Curly McLain" <126die...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2015 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Concrete paint or other covering for shed floor

>Not on top - not sure about beneath.  It was poured by a licensed
contractor.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 11:56 AM, Curly McLain via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

Our new garden shed is up, built on a concrete slab. What sort of paint
 should we use on the floor - or is there a better option?

Does the concrete have a vapor barrier (heavy plastic sheet) underneath?

 > Any sealer on top?

Probably no plastic under unless you specified it and saw the plastic with your own eyes. that means that most paints won't stay stuck because of moisture wicking up through the concrete.

I had trouble with epoxy sticking with a sealer on top and no barrier under. Epoxy sticks better than paint.

Talk to an epoxy contractor and see if they will guarantee their floor and fix it if the epoxy does not stay stuck. Not cheap, but the industrial floor epoxy is better than any you or I can buy.