ATTABOY!

You shoulda seen the tools and jigs we made in Greenland to help us in rebuilding 10 LARGE (well, I thought they were large then) Diesel generator engines.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred Moir via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Fred Moir" <fredh.s...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2015 5:29 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] How to rebuild hydraulic lifters

Interim report.The method demonstrated in the video did not work for me, as I could not get them to separate.So, in best english fashion, I had to make-do and make a tool.The tool is a 2 ft long piece of 1x3 oak and holds the lifter in a simple clamp, open side down. A few whacks on the bench and the valve pops out.The wrists on the guy in the vid must have been strengthened by many short stroke oscillations.YMMVFred.

Fred Moir.Lynn MA.Diesel preferred.