I drove #1 boy's 300SE the other day.  I am truly impressed by the fit and
finish compared the the w220.  The w140 is just the apex of luxury and comfort.
 The driver seat feels like you are sitting you your granddad's favorite chair
when you were a kid.  Big, fully supportive and expensive.  The full Pullman
experience.  The S430 is a korean car in contrast.  Plastic that just cracks
and fails if you look at it.  Leather is paper thin and of lesser quality than
what was used in the E300D.

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers