I got a really nice Carhart jacket for $2 at goodwill.  Heavy denim that the
gloves fit well over.   There was also a nice heavy cotton child's blanket from
back in the day.  I will be stitching two layers of fiberglass to it so I have
a welding blanket.  Maybe use it as a bib if I am welding at waist level.

clay