Yeah, they’re all pretty close together as far as design and operation.  Miller
buzz boxes are some of the simplest electrical devices you could ever imagine.

The really cool ones were the old Lincoln MG (motor generator) sets.  Pretty
much indestructible, but very popular with the pipeline and tank building folks.

Dan