You could be right.

I don't know much about Liberia, so it's very possible they did something along
those lines. I was thinking that Liberia was where Henry Ford had the big
rubber plantations.

In Zimbabwe the colonialist (British) owned and pretty much ran the country for
several hundred years, I believe. The locals were subjugated and used as cheap
labor, as that was what the British were really good at doing. Agriculture was
the big thing there, and the colonialists had these massive, sprawling farms
all over the place. We had a bunch of customers there who grew tobacco in
quantities that were simply staggering.

Sometime in the last 15-20 years, I believe, the locals had had enough, and
pretty much went medieval on the Brits, killing, raping, pillaging, etc., and
returning their rightful lands back to themselves.

Of course, now that they've destroyed all the infrastructure and dismantled the
economic engines of the country, the place pretty well went into the toilet.

This is the African country you've read about where inflation is so bad that
pocket change is a million dollar bill in the local currency.

Victoria Falls is nice, however.

Dan

Sent from my iPad