Which was clearly off point.

The point is that farmers whose LIVELIHOOD depends on climate norms have
had to adjust their planting schedules due to a major shift in climate
trends - a large increase in temperatures.  These aren't liberals or tree
huggers, nor do most of them vote Democratic I would surmise.  They have
credibility in reporting on what is happening to the climate because it
affects their income.  If you fail to see this then you are like the
figurative man pretending to be asleep.