Not to worry:

May was wettest month in U.S. historyPublished: Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Last month was the wettest month on record in the contiguous United States,
according to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration meteorologists.

Nearly 200 trillion gallons of rain and snow fell over the Lower 48 states
in May, according to climate scientist Jake Crouch, with an average of 4.36
inches of total precipitation falling on the Lower 48.

A stalled pattern of storms dumped water on the central United States,
especially Texas and Oklahoma, to drive up the numbers. Those states had
been in five-year droughts that ended in just a month.

"It's like one disaster ending a catastrophe," Crouch said.

Fourteen states had one of their 10 wettest Mays ever; all of them were
located west of the Mississippi River and east of California.

This May was one of only seven Mays on record in the United States to
average more than 4 inches of total precipitation. But it's hard to make
any connections from a single month to climate change, Crouch said (AP/*New
York Times*
<http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/06/08/science/ap-us-sci-wettest-may.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fscience&_r=0>,
June 8). *-- BTP*