Interestingly enough, feral cats don't seem to be a problem there

--R

On 6/12/15 9:01 AM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
What do you think of the cuisine there?

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 9:55 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

Actually according to wiki they are in fact regulated.
As near as I could tell you could pick out the route based on the design
of the Jeepney. We drove through where they were parked and I picked out
maybe a dozen different ones. All the ones we passed leaving the airport
were mostly the same. At first I thought they were all the same one until I
looked closer, paying attention I could see differences in turn signals,
lighting, etc.
Makati City reminds me of LA in a lot of ways, its clearly a business
district designed to attract western business and as such is pretty clean
and safe.
Just did a skype session with Angie which was a nice way to check in.
Interestingly my Republic Wireless cell phone works perfectly if I have
wifi. It works not at all if I don't but that basically means I can travel
and call home for no extra cost. Of course I can't use it to call
in-country but thats not a huge concern. Our office is supposedly 300
meters from here so I shouldn't need to make many calls.
-Curt