I was going to buy a week’s worth, which, at their prices, would have been $56.

I’m not worried about it, I just know that the same shirts can be had for less
elsewhere.  If there was a local manufacturer I could buy them from, I would
gladly pay $7 a shirt (or more) to support them AND keep the money in the
community.  I routinely pay more for some products and services I buy locally
for just this reason.

I used to have my dress shirts made by a local tailor, for probably in the
neighborhood of $50-$75 a shirt.  Didn’t care about the price because Nick, the
little Greek guy who made them, lived in the same area.  I knew the money I
spent with him stayed right in my community and helped put his kids through
college.  Sadly, Nick passed away a few years ago and he had no successors for
the business.  I haven’t been able to find someone to replace him.

I’m not going to pay Dead Sam, who exploits its workers and sends our money
overseas.

Dan