Seattle has a very exceptional thrift store presence.   There was even a
hippity hop song about it last year.  There are a few buyers of thrift items,
but not enough to keep stores from loading up dumpsters with items that lived
on shelves too long.  I think it is all of 20 day turn around.  Big box stores
with thousands of feet of floor space.

Anchorage has some of the worst stores I have seen.  Small (1k sqft), slim
pickings and out of date products.   Maybe the market has 24 hour turn around,
but it did not look like there was any traffic.

clay