Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
I don’t need wingtips for work, so I’m slowly but surely phasing them out of my
rotation.

I don't actually need wingtips at the necktie-free office I've been at the last few tax seasons, but the distressed grey ones are all-purpose shoes, and the black ones work OK with slacks and an open dress shirt. I bought the greys mainly to have something for 'blue jean Saturday' at the office after the sole on one of my made in India Nunn Bush loafers disintegrated. I guess I just really like wingtips.

And these are incredibly comfortable:
http://dappered.com/2013/03/in-person-the-allen-edmonds-mctavish-in-grey/