I was sitting in the Farmers Market Restaurant having lunch one day during the
1950s not long after New York had banned guns. It was the slow summer season
for northbound loads of citrus and other crops, and a trucker sitting behind me
was complaining. "I need enough money for fuel to get back to New York", he
said. The trucker he was talking to said something like: "You can make $50
taking a footlocker full of guns to New York." "I can give you a number to call
if you're interested." I got up and left about then but never forgot that
little lesson in the way things really are when it comes to guns.
Gerry