archer75--- via Mercedes wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3117977/World-s-plug-plane-takes-Bright-sparks-Airbus-unveil-electric-two-seater-E-Fan-aircraft-Paris-Air-s-nearly-silent-flight.html

Electric has been replacing methanol in model planes over the last 20 years or so, mainly because Lithium batteries have become cheaper than methanol and nitromethane and high efficiency brushless electric motors are becoming cheaper while glow engines are getting more expensive.

I assume the Airbus is ducted fan because it's more efficient than propellers? It's surprising to me because you don't often see DF in models unless it's a scale model of a jet plane.

Mitch.