Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
Last night’s coil was number five of six that have been replaced.  I already
ordered number six and I’m picking it up on the way home from work tonight. I
would rather spend the $47 for another coil than worry about it crapping out on
them a couple weeks from now. At least then I know they’ve all been replaced at
this point, as each one is a ticking time bomb. For under $100 I’ll be able to
live with myself when they drive the car away.

Now there's a use for an Advance Auto Parts $40 off on $100 coupon.

With my S420, it had a bad #8 coil. I bought it an ordered a $50 Beck-Arnley, because it came with the boot and was cheaper than Bosch. Got an unmarked Chinese coil, but it worked. Car started misfiring within five miles on the way home. Computer said #4 coil. Swapped #4 with #3, computer said #3 coil. At that point, the car had 4 Bosch/Mercedes coils in it and four no-names. All 4 of the starmarked coils were made the 14th week of 1997. I bought a couple of Diften coils with boots from two different Amazon sellers. They were less than $30 each, I'd install whichever one got here first and I'd have a spare. So far, the Beck Arnley and the Diften are working fine. They look just like the other replacement coils on the car. I wonder if all the coils without brand markings on them come from the same place, and I wonder if it's URO. I'm pretty confident none of them came from the local MBZ dealer.

Sure, I believe the seller, the car was dealer serviced and the seller had a stack of dealer receipts before his wife threw them out.</sarcasm> A car practically resting on the bump stops, with both front springs broken in at least two places each. A car with three noname coils, 7 Champion and 1 Autolite spark plug in it. At least I can be glad it had four factory wipers on it, but the passenger side windshield wiper had to be over five years old.

Mitch.