Amen.

People still trying to get something for/from nothing (or more out of it than goes into it). Physics is still physics, and it'll work EVERY time.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "G Mann via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "G Mann" <g2ma...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Add: Airbus Electric Plane

I am troubled by the ongoing fantasy that an array of solar panels on the
wings would recharge and power the airplane. Or an electric car.

That fantasy seems to be driven by a direct disconnect from reality, which
in turn, seems driven by the belief that all electricity comes out of a
grid socket and is instantly available and instantly transfers full charge
to the battery bank.

It simply does not work that way. PV panels absorb energy from the sun,
then produce electricity at a relativly low conversion rate [even the
highest tech panels yield only about 16% ]...

Sorry to rain you your private parade. The reality gap between dream and
production is a wide one, on the same scale as the ancient alchemist who
believed there was a simple formula to convert lead to gold..
On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 9:29 AM, OK Don via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>