This weekend I will changing out the bushing on my steering idler arm.
Reviewing the service manual, I thought that the bushing need to be installed
in a certain orientation, because the bushing themselves have a red-band around
one portion od the outer diameter. The instructions do not mention anything
about orienting the bushing when I looked it over. Hopefully when I go to
remove the old ones, I may see if the same marking is on the old ones.

I will also be changing center rod, right steering link, and the steering
dampener. Lower ball joints and left steering were replaced ( 2 – 3 ) years ago.

Replacement is probably due, as the car now has 420,000 miles on it!

Robert Massmann
Oregonia, Ohio
1995 E300 420Kmiles