For those that don't know, the F-16 has a quad redundant (including sensors)
digital fly-by-wire flight control system starting with block 40 (first LANTIRN
birds).

One day during hard ACM training maneuvering, one of those F-16 aircraft
started a violent un-commanded pitch oscillation (+3g to -1g for 18 sec, as I
recall).  It started and stopped suddenly for no apparent reason.  All four
digital channels of the flight control system computed the exact same commands
25 times a second for this to occur.  As far as I know, the cause was never
discovered and it never happened again.  The whole point here is that digital
systems can and do exhibit queer behavior, at times, that is beyond human
understanding.