From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Rich Thomas
via Mercedes
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 1:06 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Cc: Rich Thomas
Subject: Re: [MBZ] ?

I paid for those upgrades many times.  It was interesting, when the small
company I worked for opened an office near London some travel agent, I think an
Indian guy the company owner knew, gave us 5 BA gold cards in exchange for
booking flights through him.  I snagged one and that got me biz class one way,
then I had to fly coach coming back which was ugly.

When I went to Lotus we could fly biz class internationally, so in going to
England and Yurp I flew BA and got first-class upgrades since we bought biz
class, and I had the gold card.  That was both ways, which was very nice, and
being able to use the first class/Concorde lounges was great too.  I always sat
with the "big boys" on the upper deck on the 747s and they wondered how I
managed that, I never told them so they thought I was magic or something. That
was pretty funny.  The scotch drinking came in handy as one of the SVPs enjoyed
drinking and conversing and he was pretty funny (this was the guy who liked to
scratch and rearrange his gentlemanly components in meetings and drove a Porch
Turbo, he was pretty much a pig but entertaining).

At some point I cashed in miles for my wife and daughter and me to go to London
and Greece on BA, biz class for my wife and me, and my daughter got a coach
seat which was OK as she was only like 13 or 14.  We got to the club at HOU,
where we had moved to, and checked in, I asked if there were any other seats
open, and the girl got upgraded too (I just gave her the boarding pass, when
she saw where she was sitting she let out a whoop and the FAs thought that was
great so they treated her like Lady Die).  Went to the lounge at LHR on the way
back and same thing, so we did quite well.  I always liked BA, the people were
always really nice.

That was pretty much the last I went to yurp, so now relegated to cattle class
again, but recently on my trip to Belize I managed to scam some extra legroom
and exit seats without paying the upgrade, which was awesome because I really
could not fit in the "new" coach seats.  No food and drinkies though, boo.

--R