To keep Corporate travel departments from stuffing you, the star salesman
or engineer, into the baggage compartment with Aunt Fluffies pet poodle,
because they could save .12 cents and look good.

Besides.. being pampered by a very attractive stewardess with a delightful
British accent for 11 hrs on BA first class flight built company loyalty
and good will which kept you from quitting at next job review cycle when
you only got a .3% raise despite having increased corporate earnings each
quarter you spent weeks away from your family.

Carrot on stick business perk..