The G-man nails it. I actually had some of the same FAs on different flights, and because I chatted them up they remembered me and treated me extra nice (and they were genuinely nice too and enjoyed the opportunity to chat up the Yank). That was quite posh! BA also had FAs who would be attractive, to um, certain gents of a different persuasion, while I struck up my conversations with the ladies. And their little hats worn at a jaunty angle always appealed to me...

On another note, a buddy of mine did the BOS-LAX flight quite often on AA11 (? I think that was the one) and got to know a couple of the FAs because he saw them pretty often, who sadly were on the flight on the morning of 9/11. That actually really hit him hard as 1) he could have been on there, and 2) he knew people who were.

--R