When I was commuting between TPA and SFO on a bi-weekly basis for about 6-7
months I got to know the FAs on my flights in both directions.  That was a nice
perk, as once they recognized you as a “regular” they would make sure you were
well taken care of.  I had a couple of instances where I got a “courtesy”
upgrade to first class when there were empty seats.  Nice.

I think a lot of courtesy and respect go a long way with these folks, as in a
lot of cases people seem to treat them like glorified waiters and waitresses.
When they recognize that you value them for what they do and don’t treat them
like hired help they seem to be a lot more accommodating….

Dan