No flames here - I'm with you all the way on this one. I would do the same,
much as I did with the S420 alternator recently.

This is the one gripe I have with Advance, which has two stores within 4 miles
of my house. If the part isn't in stock at a store, you can't order and pick it
up from the store despite it being in their warehouse nearby.

I have tried doing an end run by asking them to order a part in to the store
then letting me buy it when they add it to inventory, but they won't order
something in unless you pay for it upfront.

Dan

Sent from my iPad