I was able to diagnose my 124 sunroof woe using a garden hose, after the
interior of the car was dry and I had removed the carpet.  I played water
all over the front windshield and cowling, checked for water, sprayed the
passenger side doors, checked again, and then sprayed the roof and finally
had water.

If you can find the bottom outlet of each drain, you can run weed wacker
cord (melt the end into a nice ball) or an old speedometer cable up and
probably clear the drain, while simultaneously watering the sunroof
(closed) and maybe fix the issue without opening the sunroof.  I know where
all the drains exit on a 124, but that doesn't help you.