> On June 26, 2015 at 2:46 PM Meade Dillon via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
>
> Looking in Google Play, there are dozens of apps, and reading the
> permissions required gives me the heebie-jeebies.

The permissions thing, and the amount of data that the OS and non-removable
Google apps move in and out of my phone after I try to lock down the security as
much as I can, leaves me not wanting to be anywhere near an Android device.

But, as you mention, some of the permissions are flat-out ridiculous: "in order
to install Amazon Kindle book reader, you must allow Amazon to have full access
to the GPS technology in your phone to track your position 24/7, do you accept?"

Mitch.