Mitch,

Yes, I'm quite tempted to ditch the Android OS that came loaded on my phone
and install a CyanogenMod OS, which offers more privacy by default.
Somehow I don't think that Apple devices are offering too much more in the
way of privacy.

Back to the original topic, I've already got a Skype account and had that
app loaded in the past, and they have already been assimilated into the
GoogleBorg, so I may as well just stick with that and not add another
player to the list of those who already have access to my phone.  In
addition, Skype will work on SWMBO's iPhone, I'll just need to show her how.

Skype rates for international calls aren't too terrible either, should she
decide to call her relatives in Italy.

Max
Charleston SC