I grew up not far from a very large truck stop on the south side of
Indianapolis.  There were a couple of “trailers” along the back edge of the
parking lot, at which we would often throw rocks at until the residents would
come out, yelling at us.

We referred to them as “lot lizards”.  Someone’s older brother coined the term
for us.  Fortunately we were too young to understand why they were there and
what they did….

Dan