That reminds me of staying in a hotel in Las Vegas NM one night when on our way from Houston to Taos we got stuck by a snowstorm with 2 kids and 2 poodles who did not really get along (dogs and chirruns) so we had to get 2 rooms and eat in shifts to keep all the individuals happy. Anyway, it was a cool old hotel, from back in the 1800s. Flash forward some years, I am watching the movie No Country for Old Men and there is a scene where they are sitting in an old hotel having a conversation, and I think "That looks familiar" and it was that very hotel lobby.

If anyone is ever in Austin, there is a neat old hotel there called the Driscoll.

--R