> Dan wrote:
>
> The only thing I can think of is that the bolt head was
> 16mm, a size I have never seen, nor do I have a wrench or
> socket in my collection of 30+ years of tools in that size,
> either.

Must have a crummy tool collection. *smiles*  My flat wrench
set has a 16 mm, my 6 point deep socket set has a 16 mm, but
my short socket set does not.  As to how often I've used
them, I don't seem to retain that information.

But 5/8 inch is so close to the same size as 16 mm that for
anything but flare nut wrench they are effectively
interchangeable.  5/8 inch = 0.625 inch = 15.875 mm.