Parts needed:
Quart bottle of favorite gear lube
2 ft. of 5/16" or 3/8" copper tubing
1 "through-the-firewall" type grommet
Sharp drill bit of slightly less than the diameter necessary to fit the inside
diameter of the groove in the grommet
Cheap coil type tubing bender to fit the copper tubing
Tapered reamer of size sufficient to ream out hole
Sharpie marker

Method:
Drill hole in screw top of gear lube bottle
Trim off burrs left by drill with file or knife
Fit grommet to hole using tapered reamer if necessary. You want a tight fit but
no distortion of inside diameter of grommet
Cut "bottom of tube at 45 degree angle and file off sharp edges
Remove grommet and slip over copper tube
Put tube and grommet in screw top lid of grease bottle
If too tight, slightly enlarge with reamer
Push copper tube down into a narrow side of bottle (use empty bottle if
possible)
Slip tube bender over protruding copper tube
Get under car and estimate how much curve you will need for tube to go into
fill hole on differential at slight downward angle, and how much excess tube
needs to be cut off. Mark bender at proper length of tubing (Sharpie).
Bend tubing and remove tubing bender. Transfer mark on tubing bender to tubing.
Cut off excess tubing at mark you have made.
Check tubing for bits of copper and sharp edges.
Screw cap/tubing into bottle of grease, stick tubing in differential, squeeze
bottle gently at first since grease can come out fast depending on size of
tubing.
If curve on tubing is not quite right, slide tubing bender back on and correct
it.
Slip piece of plugged rubber fuel tubing over end of copper tube to keep it
clean.
I've had two of these for many years; one for diffs, and the other for manual
transmissions.
Sometimes you don't get a tight fit the first time and have to do it over, but
the parts are cheap and it's a useful maintainence-free tool.
Gerry