> archer75--- wrote:
>
> Note: The inverter that changes battery DC to 3 phase AC is
> enclosed in a large module that has it's own liquid cooling
> system. I wonder if an inverter handling the high output of
> a Prius generator feeding a house would also need a liquid
> cooling system?

No.  Or yes.

The reason to choose liquid rather than air cooling has to do
with heat density and the easy of moving hot liquid to some
remote location to cool it.  In a stationary system, there
are a few more options for where and how the heat is dumped
to the air, so it might be easier, cheaper, simpler, or safer
to use air cooling - or maybe adapting the existing liquid
cooling would be fine.